[SciPy-user] Undefined symbol "ATL_cpttrsm"

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 15:28:38 CST 2004

>Ok, try again the updated scipy from CVS.
>Seems like on freebsd HAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC is defined somewhere but
>inverse hyberbolic functions may have different names from acosh, asing,
>atanh. I have fixed this by forcing -UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC.

Still the same error ...   Here is the end of the message...

error: Command "cc -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O -pipe -D_THREAD_SAFE
-UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC -I/usr/local/include/python2.3 -c
scipy_core/scipy_base/fastumathmodule.c -o
failed with exit status 1

so HAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC is there, but apparently that is not
the fix.

Here is a snip from the acosh man page:

     Math Library (libm, -lm)

     #include <math.h>

     acosh(double x);

Actually, I just made a test program to see if I could find acosh
and it needs -lm to link in the math library.  I am looking around
in system_info.py but I am not sure where to add this ...