[SciPy-user] Enthon for the Mac

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 23 13:38:12 CST 2004

John Hunter wrote:
>     Robert> I'm gearing up to make binary packages for Scipy et
>     Robert> al. for Mac OS X. I hope that these might be considered
>     Robert> collectively as Enthought-Edition Python ("Enthon") for
>     Robert> the Mac.
> This will be great!  I'll be happy to test...
>   VTK
> For VTK I'd like to see some of the optional flags turned on (I
> suspect from former communications Prabhu would concur on many of
> these)
>   Patented : On
>   Hybrid   : On
>   GL2PS    : On
> I don't know how you feel about turning patented on - I think it's a
> good idea because you need it to do any iso-surface reconstruction
> with marching cubes, and lots of useful stuff like the decimate
> filters are in there.

I will not be turning Patented on. I posted instructions on how to build
VTK on the Mac to the PythonMac list. It's very straightforward and
hassle-free. I will point out the limitation, and include instructions
on how to build VTK with Patented for those individuals who know they
can legally use it.

Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter