[SciPy-user] scipy debian packages

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Oct 20 06:23:58 CDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Robert Kern wrote:

> Arnd Baecker wrote:
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/xplt/slice3.py", line 1575,
> > in _construct3
> >     mask = find_mask (below, _node_edges3 [itype])
> > TypeError: Array can not be safely cast to required type
> This is a problem with Numeric. Bug the maintainer of python-numeric to
> update from the latest 23.5 tarball. The fix somehow didn't make it into
> the first release of the 23.5 tarball but should be in the copy there now.

Many thanks! Do you have a simple example demonstrating the problem
in pure Numeric code?
(this would make it simpler to illustrate/test the problem without
referring to scipy and thus more convincing, IMHO).

Until that happens: is there a file which I could hand-edit
in my installation (of course this would only work if it is on the .py
level) to remove the problem for the moment?