[SciPy-user] First few eigenvectors of a numarray array

Stuart Murdock s.e.murdock at soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 14:22:24 CDT 2004

I have a 10000 by 10000 square numarray array which I have obtained
using numarray. I need to obtain the first 10 eigenvalues and
eigenvectors of this so I dont want to have to calculate all
eigenvectors of the matrix. Is anyone aware of any pythonic packages which
can calculate, lets say, the 10 eigenvectors corresponding to the top 10
eigenvalues of a numarray array.

There are a few functions which calculate all of the eigenvectors e.g.

but I only want to calculate the top few.

Stuart Murdock Ph.D,
Research Fellow,
Dept. of Chemistry / E-Science,
University of Southampton,