[SciPy-user] interp2d ?

Gerald Richter richter at hephy.oeaw.ac.at
Thu Aug 25 13:48:18 CDT 2005

Not too long ago I had to use a 2-dimensional interpolation function.
What I did, was look into the code of octve, and reimplement the function
in python for the linear interpolation...

the code is about 6 Months old, so I'm not sure, if I know wht it does ;),
but if you need it, feel free to use it... (attached).

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:36:51PM +0200, Pau Gargallo wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm looking for functions (like interp2 in octave) for interpolating
> arrays. For example for transforming an image from Cartesian to polar
> coordinates.
> The function interp2d in scipy/interpolate/interpolate.py is
> unfinished and last changes had been done 2 years ago :_(
> Also, the tutorial.pdf talks about the function interpolate.linear_1d
> which i can not find.
> can someone help me?
> should i program these functions myself?
> would my code be welcome?
> tanks for everything you are doing!
> pau

                              Gerald Richter
                        <richter at hephy.oeaw.ac.at>
                          phone: +43 1 5447328/27

                 Institute of high energy physics  (HEPHY)