[SciPy-user] Install problem - Overwriting message when importing scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 09:16:26 CST 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> It turns out that round function that is defined in cephes/round.c, is
> never called. When I renamed round to cephes_round, and modified cephes.h
> and _cephesmodule.c accordingly, correct round functions is called and all
> special tests pass succesfully.
> But before applying this patch, I would like to understand why cephes
> round function in not effective. Anyone have any ideas?

I suspect that there is some other round() function which gets picked up during
linking on Linux. Linking behaves differently on OS X and Windows so the Cephes
routine gets used there.

Also, be sure to update uses of round() in the other Cephes routines, too.

Thank you!

Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter