[SciPy-user] wxpython

Howey, David A d.howey at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 07:45:07 CDT 2005

thanks. I'll try that.
I'm currently coding in matlab to simulate 1D steady state fluid
dynamics problems, and considering the switch to python/scipy. Key
issues of concern:
1) can matrices/vectors be handled in the same way (this is the power of
matlab of course). eg. the matlab 'dot' notation which operates element
by element on matrices. using vectors greatly speeds up code over for
loops and makes it more compact.
2) matlab has extremely powerful plotting facilities
3) object orientation. Actually I think python might excel here. I get a
bit frustrated with matlab objects (no passing by reference, for
4) creation of executables/binaries-- should be okay
Do you or anyone have any comments on these points?