[SciPy-user] Clarification

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Jul 15 11:24:49 CDT 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Alan G Isaac wrote:
>>Unfortunately, the current situation is confusing.
> Alan,
>    Which is why I wrote for clarification. :-)

Indeed it is confusing, though I think that most of these issues will get
sorted in the future.  The Numeric/numarray split is being smoothed over,
matplotlib has matured tremendously for 2d plotting, and while mayavi is a
great 3d solution, the even better mayavi2 is coming down the pipe very soon.

So it's not just a sea of confusion forever, there is land on the horizon :)

For a new user to python and scientific computing, the topical software wiki
can be a good list of pointers:

Feel free to add your own contributions.