[SciPy-user] 3d plotting not working as expected

David Noriega neruocomp at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 09:22:25 CDT 2005

I think its my understanding of how gplt works is what
is causing my problem.  I've been trying to do some
parametric equation graphing, which I can get to work
very nicly.  So I decided to try something else. I
wanted to show it in 3d, with the z axis being time.

Here is my example, its a particle moving  in a

from scipy import *
t=arange(0.0, 6.0*pi, pi/12.0)

Now how can I graph it so it makes a spiral(A particle
moving in a circle in time makes a spiral)?

Don't fear that philosophy's an impious way
--superstition's more likely to lead folk astray.

~Lucretius, De rerum natura, Book One