[SciPy-user] Re: Enthought python

Ryan Krauss ryanfedora at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 10:30:33 CDT 2005

Sorry about the html e-mail thing.  I have been asked before, but I use
several different computers and apparently haven't set this one
correctly.  It should be taken care of now.

I tried placing vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll in all of the places you
mentioned with no success.

I went into def vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets(interp): and specifically
appended the pathlist with a location where I had the dll installed:

I also turned on the python debugger and here is what I learned:

(Pdb) fullpath
(Pdb) import os
(Pdb) os.path.exists(fullpath)
(Pdb) n
-> if interp.eval('catch {load '+fullpath+' '+pkgname+'}') == '0':
(Pdb) interp.eval('catch {load '+fullpath+' '+pkgname+'}')
(Pdb) pkgname

So apparently, the dll is being found and its original location was
fine, but the package Vtkrenderingpythontkwidgets cannot be found within
the dll (I guess).