[SciPy-user] Scalapack interface?

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Thu Jun 23 23:47:55 CDT 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:45:55 -0500
rajb <rajb at cs.rice.edu> wrote:

> Hi all
> I keep seeing references in the docs  regarding a Python interface to
> Scalapack, but
> it does not seem to actually exist. Can anyone please tell me if
> there is one around or
> in development stage? I need such an interface for my research, and I
> was thinking of writing one myself, but it would be great if someone
> is already working on it. Please reply asap.

We have been looking at this. And considering PLAPACK aswell.

If there are no wrappers, it is likely that we will write them.

Do you have a preference between PLAPACK and ScaLAPACK ? I think we
are leaning towards PLAPACK, but have not done any benchmarking.

Simon Burton, B.Sc.
Licensed PO Box 8066
ANU Canberra 2601
Ph. 61 02 6249 6940