[SciPy-user] Masked arrays, scipy and matplotlib

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 11:26:51 CDT 2005

Hi (again) All,

Recently I'd been plotting masked arrays with matplotlib numarray's
masking features. I am attempting to switch over to scipy_core, and
running into some trouble when trying to do pylab.pcolor(x, y, data),
where data is a masked array. I set matplotlib's "Numerix" variable to
Numeric and it seems to correctly use the scipy routines, but it balks
at my masked arrays:

MAError: Cannot automatically convert masked array to Numeric because
data is masked in one or more locations.

(This worked fine with numarray masked arrays.)

Any ideas?