[SciPy-user] Installation on dual opteron ...

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Sep 27 07:25:14 CDT 2005

as a quick follow-up:

removing the display_test part from
gives me build which finishes without further errors!.

scipy.test(10) gives:

FAIL: check_round (scipy.special.basic.test_basic.test_round)
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 1789, in check_round
  File "/scr/python3/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy_test/testing.py",
line 715, in assert_array_equal
    assert cond,\
Arrays are not equal (mismatch 25.0%):
        Array 1: [10 10 11 11]
        Array 2: [10 10 10 11]

Ran 1279 tests in 35.080s

FAILED (failures=1)
Out[4]: <unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0x2aaab7eb5c50>

To me this looks very good, in particular that no ATLAS related
errors show up.

So only the above error and the X11 problem remain until full happiness.

Once this works, should I post (more complete)
installation notes at some point?