[SciPy-user] ANN: Python Enthought Edition 1.0.0 Released

Bryce Hendrix bhendrix at enthought.com
Wed Aug 2 12:46:12 CDT 2006

Enthought is pleased to announce the release of Python Enthought Edition
Version 1.0.0 (http://code.enthought.com/enthon/) -- a python
distribution for Windows.

About Python Enthought Edition:
Python 2.4.3, Enthought Edition is a kitchen-sink-included Python
distribution for Windows including the following packages out of the box:

Enthought Tool Suite
Scientific Python
and many more...

More information is available about all Open Source code written and
released by Enthought, Inc. at http://code.enthought.com

1.0.0 Release Notes

A lot of work has gone into testing this release, and it is our most
stable release to date, but there are a couple of caveats:

* The generated documentation index entries are missing. The full text
search does work and the table of contents is complete, so this feature
will be pushed to version 1.1.0.

* IPython may cause problems when starting the first time if a previous
version of IPython was ran. If you see "WARNING: could not import user
config", either follow the directions which follow the warning.

* Some users are reporting that older matplotlibrc files are not
compatible with the version of matplotlib installed with this release.
Please refer to the matplotlib mailing list
(http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=80706) for further help.

We are grateful to everyone who has helped test this release. If you'd
like to contribute or report a bug, you can do so at