[SciPy-user] Pycluster, Numeric, & numpy

Emanuele Olivetti olivetti at itc.it
Fri Aug 4 03:03:54 CDT 2006

You can install Numeric too (so having numpy/scipy living together with
Numeric): PyCluster will use Numeric internally and you'll use numpy/scipy
in your code. Passing data from numpy/scipy to Pycluster/Numeric and results from
Pycluster/Numeric to numpy/scipy is flawless: just passing a numpy array to
Pycluster is ok and constructing a numpy array from Pycluster's results works
fine. I'm using Pycluster in this way.

It's not the best solution but it is fast. I talked to Michiel de Hoon (Pycluster's
author) one month ago and he said that he will not port Pycluster to numpy in
the short term.