[SciPy-user] fortran compiter, OS X 10.3

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 13:54:08 CDT 2006

John Hunter wrote:
>     David> http://hpc.sourceforget.net/ has g77.
> I spent a little time at this site before posting -- it seems their
> g77 was compiled for 3.4 and Tiger.

Well, you do have to use g77 3.4 on OS X. 3.3 was hideously broken. It works
fine with gcc 3.3. Finding a Panther-compatible build might be a little difficult.

>     David> Or, use darwinports or fink.
> Been there, done that, not going back.
> Unfortunately I have a lot of stuff I've already compiled for my
> python install, so I'm not too keen on changing horses mid-stream with
> another compiler version or python distro.  May end up having to do
> that eventually, but I'd like to avoid it.

However, installing just g77 from darwinports wouldn't make you change horses
for anything else.

Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco