[SciPy-user] Adding a page to the SciPy Wiki??

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 14:06:10 CST 2006

Lou Pecora wrote:
> I would like to add a page on my C extensions to the
> Wiki and a link to the tar file of the code, but I am
> having problems getting started.  Several people have
> pointed me to various SciPy.org pages.  I have added a
> new link to a non-existent page by adding a /MyNewPage
> on the URL and it says it automatically will add a
> page, but when I tell it what to add (a blank page) it
> just says I need to log in to do that.  When I look
> for log in on the SciPy site I don't see it anywhere.
> I have no idea what the templates mean and whether I
> should choose one of them.  All the pages I go to to
> try to add a new page are marked Immutable Page in the
> left column.  Clicking on the balloon (Edit) tells me
> I can't do that.

On the PythonMac-SIG, Larry Meyn gave you a pointer to how you can register:

First you need an account.  For that go to http://www.scipy.org/UserPreferences
and enter your information.

To edit pages click on the little balloon icon in the upper right.  Help on
editing can be found at

Once you have created an account for yourself, the login link is in the upper
right-hand corner of every page.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco