[SciPy-user] mtrand no longer in scipy.stats

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:16:43 CST 2006

David Huard wrote:
> Hi,
> I just updated from svn to the new release and I can't import mtrand
> anymore from scipy.stats. Does someone know where it went ? I simply
> want to set the seed before generating random values using the rvs
> method.

In [10]: numpy.random.seed?
Type:           builtin_function_or_method
Base Class:     <type 'builtin_function_or_method'>
String Form:    <built-in method seed of mtrand.RandomState object at 0x3f0f0>
Namespace:      Interactive
    Seed the generator.

    seed can be an integer, an array (or other sequence) of integers of any
    length, or None. If seed is None, then RandomState will try to read data
    from /dev/urandom (or the Windows analogue) if available or seed from
    the clock otherwise.

It should not be exposed in scipy.stats.

Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter