[SciPy-user] Messing with missing values

pgmdevlist@mailcan.com pgmdevlist at mailcan.com
Sat Feb 25 17:36:19 CST 2006

Most of the data I work with have missing values, and I rely on 'ma' a lot.
Unfortunately, most of the numpy/scipy functions don't handle missing values
nicely. Not a problem I thought, I just have to adapt the functions I need.
I have 2 options: wrapping the initial functions in tests, or recode the
initial functions.
* According to your experience, which is the most efficient way to go ?
* I have a function that outputs either a float or MA.masked. I call this
function recursively, appending the result to a list, and then trying to
process the list as an array. How could I mask the values corresponding to
MA.masked in the final list, without having to check every single element?

Thanks for your ideas

Driftmier Engineering Center
Athens, GA 30602
"It's more fun to compute" - Kraftwerk