[SciPy-user] New name for Scipy Core is NumPy

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at trichech.us
Thu Jan 5 12:54:03 CST 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 5:39 AM, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> This new packaging structure makes things much nicer for .eggs and
> should mean a more stable platform in the long run.

By the way, how does one get a numpy egg? On OSX, when I call "python
setup.py bdist_mpkg", it builds eggs for some packages (eg
matplotlib) and not for others (eg. numpy).

Probably the wrong place to post this, but others may be interested.

Christopher J. Fonnesbeck

Population Ecologist, Marine Mammal Section
Fish & Wildlife Research Institute (FWC)
St. Petersburg, FL

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia