[SciPy-user] Monte Carlo package

David Huard david.huard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 09:08:19 CST 2006

It builds fine on linux Ubuntu and the example you gave in the mail works
fine, however, I'm not sure I understand your question about rand().
Here is what I get :

>>> from scipy.sandbox.montecarlo import *
>>> rand()
NameError: name 'rand' is not defined

If I may ask a question, is there a routine in scipy to generate random
samples from a continuous distribution ?