[SciPy-user] odeint rtol and atol default values

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Sun Jun 25 13:47:06 CDT 2006

Nils Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 19:17:16 +0200
>   Steve Schmerler <elcorto at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi
>> What are the default values for rtol and atol in
>> scipy.integrate.odeint?
> You can find them in scipy/Lib/integrate/ode.py
>   rtol=1e-6,atol=1e-12

Sure? What you mention is in site-packages/scipy/integrate/ode.py where
the class ode is defined. But I'm using integrate.odeint (in
site-packages/scipy/integrate/odepack.py) and there is nothing mentioned
about it. odeint is there called like this

import _odepack

output = _odepack.odeint(func, y0, t, args, Dfun, col_deriv, ml, mu,
                              full_output, rtol, atol, tcrit, h0, hmax,hmin,
                              ixpr, mxstep, mxhnil, mxordn, mxords)

BTW, does anyone have experiences with the ode class (and it's vode (or
cvode?) solver) rather than odeint's lsoda?

Random number generation is the art of producing pure gibberish as
quickly as possible.