[SciPy-user] Problems installing SciPy

Tommy Grav tgrav at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 14:25:13 CST 2006

> tempfile.py is looking for the standard library's random.py module.
> I'll bet
> that the directory you are in has its own random module that is
> getting imported
> instead.

Actually there is no random.py in the directory. However, the error
only happens
when scipy is imported in the interactive session. When importing it
in a script
it seems to work fine (I have not really played around using its
functions, but the
import does not return any errors).

tgrav at mac.com

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger,
more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction"
                          -- Albert Einstein