[SciPy-user] Installation problems on Mac OS X

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Sat Oct 7 17:53:24 CDT 2006

> It's a brand new MacBook, so I'd only have a compiler if it came with
> one preinstalled.  Given the error, I'm guessing that it didn't.  So
> what kind of compiler should I be looking to get and where from?

In the install discs, you should be able to find a way to install
XCode/Developer Tools.

If you can't find the installer, you can d/l it from here.

Install those and you'll get gcc, etc. You may be able to install gcc
w/o XCode, but I'm not sure.

Or .. you can install MacPorts (http://macports.org) and then install
gcc from there.

ps - I had mistakenly sent this email earlier from the wrong email
address, so it didn't get through, sorry to list mods :-)