[SciPy-user] installation issue on OS X

Jonathan Peelle peelle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 12:27:06 CDT 2006

I attempted to install SciPy on OS X (10.4.7, Intel processor),
Python2.4, using these instructions:

The fortran compiler and fftw libraries seemed to install just fine.
(I already had numpy 1.0b5 installed, and that works fine, too.)  As
near as I can tell the scipy installation is able to find all of these

After installing scipy, two tests fail: check_integer and
check_simple_todense.  The important info seems to be:

ImportError: Failure linking new module:
Symbol not found: ___dso_handle
  Referenced from:
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

Output of build command is here:

and output of the install command is here:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.