[SciPy-user] numpy-1.0rc2 still does not build on MacOS X 10.4.7 (PPC)

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Tue Oct 17 16:47:05 CDT 2006

Tom Bridgman wrote:

>Selected gcc 3.3
>g77v3.4 installed from tarball
>fftw libraries installed as described in
>numpy build still fails.  I suspect the important error is
>gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
>but I have no idea of where to start with this.
>I suspect is something to do with PPC vs Intel build options?
>Perhaps I need to turn off the '-c' which appears in the compile
>options but where is that located?

I think this is a Python build issue.  As far as I know the build flags
are gathered from Python.

Look for a config directory where Python is installed and the Makefile
in that directory.

On my system it is in

Changing the options there seems to affect distutils which is where
numpy gets it's information about how to build.