[SciPy-user] Need more comments from scientific community on python-dev

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Oct 31 06:57:37 CST 2006

I'm recruiting more comments on python-dev regarding my two proposals
for improving Python's native ability to share ndarray-like information.

There is a dearth of scientific-computing and number-crunching-aware
people on python-dev.  The result is that I sound like a lone voice
arguing for something that nobody cares about.  When, I don't think that
is true.  Please, please.  If you want Python to grow support for the
array interface (or something like it), then please speak up on

Even something as simple as I really see the need for a way to exchange
data-format information between two objects sharing the buffer protocol
can be helpful.

You can post through the gmane newsgroup interface:

Find any of the posts on the PEP's I've introduced.  Thanks for your help.