[SciPy-user] Fast saving/loading of huge matrices

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Fri Apr 20 06:36:06 CDT 2007

So, I wanted to try out pytables and run the benchmark Francesc
posted, but I ran into an error.  I downloaded
and installed it, but import tables gives this error:

In [1]: import tables
exceptions.ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call

C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\<ipython console>

     49 # Import the user classes from the proper modules
     50 from tables.exceptions import *
---> 51 from tables.file import File, openFile, copyFile
     52 from tables.node import Node
     53 from tables.group import Group

    244 # It is necessary to import Table after openFile, because it solves a ci
    245 # import reference.
--> 246 from tables.table import Table

     34 import numpy
---> 36 from tables import tableExtension
     37 from tables.conditions import split_condition
     38 from tables.numexpr.compiler import getType as numexpr_getType

ImportError: cannot import name tableExtension

Is the executable not stand alone?