[SciPy-user] best way of finding a function

Trevis Crane t_crane@mrl.uiuc....
Fri Apr 27 10:11:06 CDT 2007

One thing that makes it hard to get into using SciPy and Python is the
decentralized nature of the documentation.  My problem is that I want to
use the arc-hyperbolic sine function.  I have no idea where this is in
order to import it (and in all likelihood I could import it from any
number of sources).  I can't seem to find it looking through the
documentation on scipy.org.  This is a specific example, but in general
what's the best way of finding where some given function is in order to
import it?

Once you've been using scipy and such long enough, I imagine this is not
so much an issue, but it does create something of a barrier to begin
with.  Or at least, I've found it to be so.  Do you all have any
suggestions how to make this easier?

Trevis Crane

Postdoctoral Research Assoc.

Department of Physics