[SciPy-user] How to make NumPy-1.0.3 work with SciPy-0.5.2 ?

R S Ananda Murthy rsamurti@airtelbroadband...
Thu Aug 9 07:41:18 CDT 2007

Zenwalk-4.6.1 is a derivative of Slackware. This has the following:

gcc-4.1.2, gcc-gfortran-4.1.2, lapack-3.1.1 which also contains BLAS,
suitesparse-3.0.0. I have also created a link /usr/include/umfpack to
/usr/include/suitesparse so that SciPy and NumPy can locate UMFPACK
header files. I applied all the patches you have applied in your
package. But SciPy build stopped in the middle.

Does the version of LAPACK and SuiteSparse matter?