[SciPy-user] building scipy from source on Mac Os X 10.4 ppc

Samuel M. Smith smithsm@samuelsmith....
Fri Aug 17 11:10:14 CDT 2007

listing env variables from shell prompt
there is no definition for MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

Current default compiler:
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)

gfortran from
as per scipy web page

I don't have a ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file

here is a report of the same problem