[SciPy-user] Scipy + wxPython ...

stef mientki stef.mientki@gmail....
Sat Dec 8 03:54:20 CST 2007

A month ago or so we discussed the possibilities to use Vision as a
to enhance Scipy to make it more look like some of the commercial
scientific packages.

I looked if I could use Vision,
but as some of you already said: "Vision is not very pretty" ,
and I have to admit I didn't get it working within a limited amount of time.
Also the other packages, Orange and Elefant,
were too difficult for me to get them working in a short time.

So therefor I just started to fork another application I'm working on,
which just uses wxPython, to see what I could accomplish.
Although it's just a "proof of concept" ,
made from a quick and dirty glueing of some (most already existing)
a large part of the program is already working quit well.

If you're interested, look here:
(10MB, 8 minutes)

Any comment, suggestions, domain expertise are very welcome.

Hearing that Enthought is working on something similar,
I'm still very curious to see their concept.