[SciPy-user] numpy installer not finding ATLAS in spite of correct environment variable

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 1 13:59:36 CST 2007

Anand Patil wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to install numpy on a machine in which
> /usr/local/atlas/lib/Linux_HAMMER64SSE2_4 contains:
> libatlas.a  libcblas.a  liblapack.a  libptcblas.a  libtstatlas.a
> Makefile  Make.inc

You are missing libf77blas.a which should have the FORTRAN-compatible symbols
that numpy.linalg uses. Make sure that the ATLAS configuration process
recognizes your FORTRAN compiler (probably g77). Then it should build that library.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco