[SciPy-user] NameError on scipy import

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 1 15:13:41 CST 2007

Stephen Uhlhorn wrote:
> The one in the path below is definitely the version I built. My
> working numpy is installed under the same tree. The other (fink)
> version is under /sw/lib/python/site-packages and I changed my path so
> that the python called is completely outside the fink tree.
> Should I update scipy via svn?

I would double-check that the file

is the same as from the source that you built. That file in the
scipy-0.5.2.tar.gz that I just downloaded does not have the line that is causing
the error. Most likely, you should delete the directory

and re-install from the source that you have (provided that it does not also
have the erroneous "del lib" line).

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco