[SciPy-user] scipy print using ipython

Emmanuel Pecontal pecontal@obs.univ-lyon1...
Thu Feb 8 10:42:57 CST 2007

I am using the fmin_l_bfgs_b function in scipy. This function has a parameter
for controling the iteration printing during the minimization. In fact the printing
is done by the fortran routine via a command like:
write (6,1002) iter,f,sbgnrm
which is a print on the screen.
For some reason I don't understand, when I use the routine in ipython, the print
is done only by bunch of lines every few minutes... just like if it was bufferized
before printing. Does someone knows the reason of this beheviour? is it a python,
ipython or scipy problem?

Emmanuel Pécontal

CRAL - Observatoire de Lyon
9, Av. Charles Andre