[SciPy-user] ndimage.convolve and NaN...

Eike Welk eike.welk@gmx....
Mon Jul 2 11:22:12 CDT 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 15:20, fred wrote:
> anirudh vij a écrit :
> > hi fred,
> > this is'nt a solution,but you might try replacing NaN by 0.That
> > would ensure that they have no effect on the surrounding pixels.
> Hmm, 0 are _real_ values.
> > Edges work fine because of padding.
> Yes, but can't we think replace NaN by padding ?

Padding with zero is one of the possible padding modes. You could just
choose this and say that the results are consistent this way. From a
quick look at:
mode="constant", cval=0
should do it.

Maybe you could use morphological operators to get an effect
comparable to the nearest mode:
1. replace nan with 0
2. use dilation or closing to copy the neighboring values into the
3. use the results of the morphological operators only where the holes