[SciPy-user] scipy fblas.so functions not found

Fahd Sultan asefu@fooie....
Fri Jun 22 01:14:12 CDT 2007

I was trying the build on the same arch. I have managed to build
scipy/numpy. Please read below of how I did it.

frist I installed from the redhat cd gcc4, gcc4-fortran, and libgfortran.
When I tried to build lapack-3.1.1-1.fc7.src.rpm I got the same
relocation errors.

I figured that something wasn't write, so I I built
gcc4-4.1.1-53.EL4.src.rpm from src.  I checked the Makefile before hand
and it seemed to be configured to build the libraries shared.
  from the resulting rpms I installed

this time I was able to build lapack. I then installed both lapack and
blas and their devel rpms.

I downloaded, built and install numpy-1.0.3-1.src.rpm.  I found
scipy-0.5.1-1.src.rpm on rpmfind, and fftw-3.1.2-3.fc6.src.rpm a prereq
for scipy.

I had to alter the fc7 src rpm's spec files to change the gcc-gfortan
prereq to gcc4-gfortran and before building scipy I had to export
BLAS=/usr/lib64 and LAPACK=/usr/lib64 even though I had the dir in my
lib path.

after installing scipy I tested numpy and scipy with

 >>> import numpy, scipy
 >>> numpy.test()
 >>> scipy.test()

The numpy test passed however some (?) of the scipy test failed.  I
tried the examples on http://www.scipy.org/scipy_Example_List and they
seemed to work.

I've put the rpms I built (along with src rpms) up at

good luck,

build server:     vmware virtual server redhat AS 4.4
                Linux rhas44-x86-64.vm.fooie.net 2.6.9-42.EL #1 Wed Jul
12 23:15:20 EDT 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux