[SciPy-user] scipy fblas.so functions not found

Sat Jun 23 05:26:18 CDT 2007

Fahd Sultan wrote:
> I had to recompile the rpms from your src rpms since the rpms dont
> install on Redhat AS 4.4.
Mmmh, this distribution is not supported by the build system, so if
package convention differ, it may cause problems I see unnoticed, since
every rpm distribution decides it is a good idea to change conventions.
I assumed wrongly that you used fedora core, not the official RH thing.

The distribution I am supporting for now are FC (5, 6, and 7) on x86 and
x86_64 and opensuse (both x86 and x86_64). That does not mean I am not
interested in improving the rpm for AS support, of course; it will just
be trickier because I do not have access to such a distribution, and
packaging is highly distribution dependent.
> during the build of python-numpy I get this error:
> (any ideas?)
> I couldn't find an aborted install anywhere, not sure whats going on
> with this RPM.
Do you use 32 or 64 bits arch ? The problem seems to be related to the
library location. What would be useful for me is a complete log of the
rpm building (rpmbuild -ba python-numpy.spec &> build.log). Below are a
more detailed explanation on the problem:

If you do not know anything about rpm packaging, here is the problem:
build rpm from sources involve a series of steps, the last one being
install, where you list the files to be installed. For example, all
python2.4 files are installed in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
(/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages for 64 bits arch). You can see in
the python-numpy.spec file:

# the following does not work on 64 bits arch.
# I shamelessly copied the install from official fedora core numeric.
# the egg is not produced on fedora 7 (something to do with different
# configuration wrt setuptools on the build farm ?)
%if 0%{?fedora_version}
    %define NUMPY_EGG 0
    %define NUMPY_EGG 1

%if %{NUMPY_EGG}
# Why the following are installed ???

Now, in your case, it seems like there is nothing in

which is a bit strange... As I don't have access to redhat AS, it would be useful for me to know which files are where, to see if the fs layout is different.