[SciPy-user] Is this a bug in stats.geom.pmf?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 25 17:34:00 CDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Which of these one calls "the" geometric distribution is a matter of
> convention and convenience.
> """
> So, do we simply pick one and stick with it?

I don't really care, but at least the code and the docstring should be
consistent (and the docstring says that it uses the k>=1 formula).
Also, the wikipedia page does list the (1-p)**(k-1)*p formula for the
pmf, FWIW.

Those who actually use this stuff might want to chime in, but at least
right now there is an inconsistency between code and docstring.