[SciPy-user] genetic algorithms

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Nov 7 19:46:13 CST 2007

Gary Robinson wrote:
> I've seen a few references to a GA module in scipy, as either scipy.ga or sandbox.ga.
> But I can't find it in scipy in either of those locations, or elsewhere. (I have version 0.6.)
> Is there still such a module? If so, where can I find it?

Nothing in the sandbox is built by default. See scipy/sandbox/setup.py for
instructions on enabling them. I've done some work on updating ga for numpy, but
I have not tested any of it. If you get it to work, please let us know.

> BTW, while I'm at it, I'll mention that the INSTALL.TXT file for scipy specifies that you need to have 2.3.x or 2.4.x. I'm using it with 2.5 and it seems OK -- does it really need an earlier version or does that file need to be updated?

It should say "at least 2.3".

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco