[SciPy-user] Argos data

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision...
Fri Nov 9 04:27:44 CST 2007

David Huard wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there someone working with Argos satellite data ? I'd need some
> utility to process the data files and wanted to know what are the
> existing tools.

>From quick investigation it is netCDF?
I'd recommend checking out gdal: an open source C library for
reading/writing a multitude of geospatial raster formats, including
stuff like projection info etc. It has a very active community with
great support (have a look at the mailing list archives!), even for
implementing new features/data formats if necessary. And best of all, it
has pretty good python bindings which will allow you to very easy read
(part of) your data into a numpy array.

OK, enough propaganda. Have a look yourself: www.gdal.org.