[SciPy-user] Pylab plotting: math range errors unrecoverable

Michael McNeil Forbes mforbes@physics.ubc...
Thu Nov 15 13:19:30 CST 2007

On 15 Nov 2007, at 11:07 AM, Adam Ginsburg wrote:
> 2. when I get the above error, then try to plot something WITHOUT
> infinities, it fails with the exact same error, and when I ran the
> debugger it claimed that meanv was still inf.  Is there any way to fix
> that short of quitting and reentering the python command line?
You can usually just clear the plot with clf().  I think the plot
keeps the old data and then tries to redisplay it each time, giving
errors over and over until you clear the figure.