[SciPy-user] fromimage returns instance instead of numpy array

Scott Sinclair sinclaird@ukzn.ac...
Wed Oct 10 02:40:20 CDT 2007

If you don't get your head around libtiff then the Python bindings to ImageMagick might be more friendly.
I've never used them, but they look promising.

>>> "Sebastian Haase" <haase@msg.ucsf.edu> 10/10/2007 09:18 >>>
Somewhat off-topic:
Does anyone here maybe know, how one could add
write support for mulit-page TIFF files ?
PIL can already read them. I use them for 3D images.  But I can't write them.
I tried reading the TIFF specs, but am getting lost every time ... ;-)

Furthermore, more numpy related:  Is it conceivable to open a (multi-page) TIFF
in a memmapped-way ?  For a different, easier, file-format, I am using
this and it greatly increases the file-open speed.

Sebastian Haase

Please find our Email Disclaimer here: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer/