[SciPy-user] ANN: Python Equations 2.0 - weaveless version

zunzun@zunzu... zunzun@zunzu...
Fri Sep 28 13:23:36 CDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 09:08:35PM +0300, dmitrey wrote:
> Hallo James,
> Do you have func that is scipy fsolve or leastsq equivalent?

If you look at the method FitToCacheData() on line 379 here:

you can see I use numpy.linalg.lstsq() and scipy.optimize.fmin().

> I intended to connect NOX from Trilinos project but found it to be very
> complicated, + lack of documentation.

I had great hopes for Trilinos as well some months ago,
and returned to scipy/numpy/Differential Evolution as
my core routines for the reasons you note.