[SciPy-user] generalized eigenvalue problem for sparse matrices

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Tue Apr 15 09:47:04 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tested this function with a 2000x2000 array, and like Abhinav, I didn't
> manage to find correct eigenvalues. Everything worked as expected with a
> dense array with the same element with numpy.linalg.eig, but not with
> Arpack...

When I compiled arpack myself and used it myself, I also didn't manage
to get correct results. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend to use arpack.