[SciPy-user] number of function evaluation for leastsq

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Apr 15 15:11:37 CDT 2008

Hi Achim

On 15/04/2008, Achim Gaedke <Achim.Gaedke@physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>  I use scipy.optimize.leastsq to adopt paramters of a model to measured
>  data. Each evaluation of that model costs 1.5 h of computation time.
>  Unfortunately I can not specify a gradient function.
>  While observing the approximation process I found that the first 3 runs
>  were always with the same parameters.

Woops, that should be fixed, if possible.  In the meantime, you can
use the memoize decorator as a workaround:

Your function calls take so long that you really won't notice the
(tiny) overhead.