[SciPy-user] Polynomial interpolation

Gabriel Gellner ggellner@uoguelph...
Wed Apr 30 09:51:50 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 03:03:13AM -0400, Anne Archibald wrote:
> 2008/4/30 Rob Clewley <rob.clewley@gmail.com>:
> > Could someone please make the new interpolation classes into new-style
> >  classes? And I don't know if it's considered a big deal, but for
> >  future compatibility maybe the exception raising should be done in the
> >  functional style: ValueError("message") rather than ValueError,
> >  message ?
Also the 'Value, message' format is going away in python 3000:

> I can clean those up. But I'm not sure how to set things up as
> "properties" so that the right things happen when users try to
> manipulate the attributes. I'll also go in and add simple
> single-function-call interfaces at the same time. It may be a few days
> though.
> Could somebody point me at a link on making proper use of properties?
Not to disagree with the argument that if you find properties unnatural don't
use them, but to give a link that I like . . .

This link goes over descriptors in general, which I found useful to
understand the magic of properties:

If this doesn't cover what you want to do I can drum up some more links.