[SciPy-user] weave problems, weave_imp.o no such file or directory

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Mon Dec 1 18:23:22 CST 2008

This looks like a spaces in path problem:

your problematic path mixes short windows names and long windows names
and is not in quotes ("...")

I tried the same example on my Windows XP, where neither python nor
scipy paths ( which is not in Python directory) have spaces and it
compiles without errors.

As a relatively quick fix, I would move scipy on a path without
spaces, just move directory and link to new parent directory in

A quick look at my compilation log, shows that only spaces in the
scipy.weave path are relevant. The spaces in the python shouldn't be a
problem, because your link and include directories, e.g. -L"C:\Program
Files\pythonxy\python\libs" seem all to be correctly quoted for the
Windows command shell.

I usually avoid any paths with spaces, because getting the quoting
always right is a pain with programs that don't put in the correct
quotes, e.g. pythons subprocess.popen.