[SciPy-user] from scipy import * -- was: [Scipy-tickets] #635:update the old scipy tutorial and

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Mon Dec 8 11:28:30 CST 2008

+ 1

I started using python/numpy/scipy in the past year and am trying to break the habit of using 'from scipy import *' that I picked up while trying out the examples and tutorials. I already have a fair number of scripts that I need to convert from when I didn't know better.

- dharhas

Sebastian Haase wrote:
> It would be nice to hear if others also feel (somewhat) strongly about this ....

The best way to break bad habits is to never learn them in the first place.

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma