[SciPy-user] disabling fftw3 during scipy build

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Feb 19 14:26:46 CST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 9:55 AM, Stephen Uhlhorn <stephenlists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2008 7:59 PM, Barry Wark <barrywark@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the info. I've built a couple eggs for OS X 10.5
> > (Universal) from SVN trunk. Neither include fftw3.
> After the lengthy discussion re: fftw3, I decided to try Barry's eggs.
> I installed gfortran from: http://r.research.att.com/tools/ .
> I tried to install the dynamically linked scipy:
> scipy-0.7.0.dev3940-py2.5-macosx-10.3-i386.egg and ended up with the
> following error:
>   target build/src.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/_fftpackmodule.c does not exist:
>    Assuming _fftpackmodule.c was generated with "build_src --inplace" command.
> error: Setup script exited with error: '_fftpackmodule.c' missing
> Where's fftpackmodule? Should I install fftw3?

Actually, _fftpackmodule is the common extension module for *all* of
the FFT backends, not just the FORTRAN library FFTPACK. Most likely
there was an error earlier in the build. Please attach the full output
of the failed build.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco